With the increasingly competitive job market today, companies are seeking future employees with a higher caliber than ever before. Southern Ambition Africa’s internships will help you explore your chosen career path and your professional network, while simultaneously helping you to focus the direction of your career and increase your appeal to future businesses.
The program is designed through you and your career aspirations, ensuring you leave us with the skills and confidence to start an exciting career. We work to perfect all of our placements and with our grassroots knowledge of the area; we can assure a worthwhile experience.
HOW DOES THE PROCESS WORK?
Send your application.
We review your application and will invite you to join our program if you meet
our participant requirements.
You will then receive a formal program invitation by email and will be able to accept the invitation by depositing an amount of € 300 / USD 340.
If you choose to accept your program invitation, your application is sent to one of our placement staff*, who will customize an internship placement through our database to find a match between you and one of our internship sites.
*It takes our placement team anywhere from 2-4 weeks to source and secure your internship.
Visa and travel arrangements (if required).
FREqUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Take a look at some of the most common questions people ask below. If you can’t find what you’re looking for, ask us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or get in touch through our contact page.
1. What is included in the Southern Ambition internship program?
● Cape Town internship placement
● Welcome reception, orientation and closing reception
● Social events and excursions
● Transportation for the first week
● Professional Internship
● Quality accommodation
● Expert training materials on key topics to help you get the most out of your internship experience
● Airport pick-up and drop of
● 24/7 emergency assistance from local staff
● Welcome orientation on your first day
● Visa assistance (where required)
2. When is the application deadline?
We don’t publish an official deadline.
3. How much does the program cost?
Download our PDF with all the program cost
4. I’ve applied. What happens next?
Once you’ve applied online we’ll email you within two working days. Once enrolled, you will have the opportunity to discuss your career aspirations in detail with your Internship Adviser at the first interview stage.
5. Are the program dates flexible?
Program dates are flexible.
6. What happens if I don’t get an internship in my chosen sector?
In the event that you are not successful in securing an internship placement in your chosen location and industry you will be eligible for a full refund or you can request to continue working with your Internship Coordinator until you are successfully placed. This is our Internship Placement Guarantee.
7. Will I be offered a job after my internship?
We cannot guarantee job offers and this is completely at your host company’s discretion. We generally advise that you take your internship seriously and do your best to become an indispensable asset to the company.
8. What are the passport and visa requirements for international participants?
International applicants may require a valid passport to travel to non-domestic locations and complete visa documentation. Southern Ambition Internships does not directly sponsor visas for international students but we are able to offer guidance with the visa application process upon request.